2 Nights 3 Days Chitwan Jungle Safari Highlights Tour
Chitwan Highlights Tour is a 2 Nights 3 Days program which lets you to dig into the last remaining pristine forests that once covered the Indian sub-continent located at the Terai (plains) belts of Nepal for Chitwan Jungle Safari at the Chitwan National Park covering 932 sq. Km (UNESCO World Heritage Site). Chitwan Highlights Tour 2 Nights allows you to discover wildlife and local culture through elephant safari, canoeing, jungle walks, Tharu village visit & cultural show, bird watching with a trained naturalist and also visit the Elephant breeding centre.
Jungle Safari in Chitwan is to observe wildlife at it’s natural habitat and to witness varied flora and faunas of the Chitwan National Park. Chitwan is home to more than 700 species of wildlife and more than 500 species of birds. The main attractions of Chitwan is the Royal Bengal Tiger and Asian one-horned rhinoceros. Other mammals include hog deer, leopard, sloth bear, golden fox, wild cats, rhesus monkeys, grey langur where birds are the thin-billed bubbler, the Gray-crowned Prinia, the swamp francolin, and many more.
- Explore Chitwan National Park, one of the finest wildlife reserves in South Asia.
- Jungle Safari on a Jeep or back of an elephant (optional).
- Spot one-horned Asian rhinoceros and if luck favours ‘the Royal Bengal Tiger’.
- Explore Tharu village observing their culture & traditions.
- Observe beautiful Tharu Cultural show & Tharu Stick Dance.
- Canoeing Ride and visit to elephant Breeding Center
- Visit sunset view point from riverside to view sun set over the horizon.
- Jungle walk and Bird watching at Chitwan National Park.
Itinerary of Chitwan Highlights Tour
- Departure from Kathmandu or Pokhara.
- Pickup from Arrival Point (Tourist bus station).
- Reception, welcome drinks and introduction to your room.
- Freshen up and briefing session.
- Cultural Tour (To Visit Tharu Village)
- Riverside Sunset View
- Tharu cultural program (Tharu stick dance) or next evening.
- Wake up call
- Bird Watching, Canoeing Ride, Jungle Walk and elephant Breeding Center Visit
- Jeep Safari or Elephant Back Safari
- Wake up call
US$150 per person. For booking please contact us.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp: +9779802014557
- All jungle activities as per the itinerary.
- Transportation to and from Kathmandu/Pokhara by A/C tourist bus.
- Deluxe A/C Accommodation Hotel/Resort.
- All meals of breakfast, lunch, and dinner including tea and coffee.
- Highly experienced safari guide during the trip.
- National park and conservation area permit & fees.
- Government Tax
- Tourist service charge
- Transportation by Private Car/jeep or Flight. (Contact us for the quotation)
- Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages, drinks, mineral water, juice, phone and laundry.
- Travel insurance, accident or health emergency, loss, theft or damage to baggage and personal effects.
Things to do in Chitwan National Park
Elephant Safari at Chitwan National Park is one of the most popular activities which visitors love to do. You cruise inside the jungle on a back of an elephant to trace wildlife, birds and reptiles. You will be accompanied by your trained naturalist along with an experienced mahout who will take you deep inside the park ensuring you get the most out of your elephant safari and observe many wildlife as much as possible.
Jeep Safari in Chitwan is another wonderful activity to watch wildlife at Chitwan National Park. It’s also the best option for those who don’t wish to ride elephants for safari. Jeep drive will also take you deep inside the jungle with your personal naturalist guide catch a glimpse of the rare wildlife flora and fauna in their natural habitat. There are two options for jeep safari where one is about 4hours long drive on group-joining basis and another is a full day jeep safari with a private jeep and guide.
Canoing at the river close by your hotel gives you a good opportunity to watch beautiful birds and crocodiles basking at the banks of a river. With canoe ride you will go steadily on the quiet waters of Rapti River and you don’t need to pedal yourself since a boat driver will accompany the safari.
Tharu Village Tour
Tharu are the indigenous tribe of Chitwan where their way of living hasn’t changed much from the past. Cultural village tour will take you inside their village watching their daily lives, the houses they live in and their community. The tour gives you a brief insight of Tharu culture and traditions.
Elephant Breeding Centre
Elephant breeding centre is located closer to the Chitwan National Park. In Nepal elephants are being endangered so this centre was established to increase their population. Visit the elephant breeding centre to learn about pachyderm population growth efforts and see more elephants and their calves.
Tharu Cultural Show
It’s an another interesting highlight of Chitwan Safari tour. You will attend their cultural show where they will be dressed in their colourful traditional attire and perform their cultural program singing, dancing and especially the Tharu Stick Dance is very interesting and attractive.
Chitwan National Park is heaven for bird lovers and avid bird watchers. The park has numerous species of resident and migrant birds. It’s the best location to observe and study various rare bird species. Besides from it’s resident species many migrating birds arrive at Sauraha in the winter from as far as Siberia as well as other places thousands of miles away. Separate zones have been identified in the National park for bird watching. An early morning walk through the bush and along the Rapti river will spot exotic birds, including the Giant Hornbill, Lesser Florican and Paradise Flycatcher.